Popular Post

Friday, April 2, 2010

Little tree for the living room

When I browse home furniture and house wares magazines, I tend to pay special attention to the details in the environmental shots.  For example, when looking through the Potterybarn magazine, I go straight to the shots of the entire room all pulled together and then focus in on the little details, such as what is displayed on the bookshelf or how the fireplace is decorated in the background.  I appreciate the work of the stylists on set (and wish I could have their job) and I love all the ideas they inspire.

I was perusing the latest cb2 "Summer Rock" catalog, when I came across this beautiful creation (it's on page 41, if you're looking):

I found all the elements to create a version for my house:
(1) Natural Spring Reindeer Moss 11 oz. bag $9.99, SaveOnCrafts.com (2) Brussel's Bonsai Trident Maple , $44.95, Home Depot (3) River Rock Vase Filler, $12, Potterybarn (4) Freeform centerpiece bowl (actual bowl from cb2 photo), $49.95, cb2

No comments:

Post a Comment