Popular Post

Monday, April 26, 2010

Room inspired by pillows


West Elm has partnered with the designers behind PATCH NYC to provide a collection of pillows, wall art and ceramic plates.  The designers, John Ross and Don Carney, founded PATCH NYC in 1997 and specialize in scarves, jewelry and some house items (such as pillows and throws).  While reviewing their West Elm PATCH NYC collection, I really loved the assortment of pillows - they all blend together but are definitely not "matchy-matchy."  See the image below of the pillows - I added a bar of what colors were used...


After seeing the "cool, calm and collected" color scheme, I decided to design a room, using the pillows are my inspiration.  Here is what I came up with (click on the image to enlarge it):

(1) Chunky Wood Floor Mirror, $399, West Elm (2) Ripple Fold Drapery, Willow, $421, The Shade Store (3) Gallery 8x10 Frame, $39.95, cb2 (4) Adjustable Metal Floor Lamp, $149, West Elm (5) Keller Vase, $89.95, Crate and Barrel (6) Baxter Sectional, $1,298, West Elm (7) PATCH NYC Pillow Covers, $34 (each), West Elm (8) Tusk Vases, $94.90, cb2 (9) Leather Slipper Chair and Ottoman, $598, West Elm (10) Whistle Organic Cotton Blanket, $49.95, cb2 (11) Peekaboo Clear Coffee Table, $249, cb2 (12) Black Patent Tray, $29.99, Target (13) Shell Ball, $10, Etsy (14) Safari 8X10 Rug, $549, West Elm

Lovely!  I could see myself chillaxing in a living room like this. 

And I think I'm also going to enter this into my first Mood Board Monday (go there to see other rooms using the West Elm PATCH NYC collection). 

No comments:

Post a Comment